Friday, April 24, 2015

Swim practice poem

Swim practice poem

Pull with my right arm, and
Kick
Pull with my left arm, and
Kick
I know I've been doing this
Forever
These long sets are
Frustrating                                     Annoying                                     Terrible
But they give me time to
Think
Like how right now I can let my mind drift to
Anything
And no one will
Care
That I'm caught up in my own
World
The world in my
Head
Where I can do anything I want
As long as I'm still
Swimming
When the set finally
Ends
I will be kicked out of my
Head
And back into
Reality
Where I have to
Listen
To find out what I have to do
Next
Until practice is
Over

3 comments:

  1. I really like this poem! I love the lines;
    When the set finally
    Ends
    I will be kicked out of my
    Head
    And back into
    Reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful the way you arranged the words. They're like swimming. You've captured it well, Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the ending and also thought that you opened it in a nice way. Cool poem Jack.
    -Brynn

    ReplyDelete

This is my blog. I hope you like it.