Monday, January 12, 2015

The Science of Interstellar

The Science of Interstellar 

This week, I read The Science of Interstellar, by Kip Thorne. If you have seen the movie Interstellar, you would know how many scientific concepts it has inside it. This book explains all of these concepts, and how they are integrated into the movie. Kip Thorne, the author, actually worked on the movie, and some parts talk about the making of the movie. This book talks about everything from wormholes, to singularities, to tesseracts. This book is extremely complex, and the concepts are hard to understand, so I am going to have to read it many more times. Even though it was non fiction, and not very exciting, it was extremely interesting and kept me reading it. I would recommend this book for people who have seen Interstellar, and have an interest in relativity and the laws of the universe.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jack!
    I think that it is really cool that the author worked on the movie! What is the most interesting thing that you learned in the science of interstellar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a really interesting book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guys! Amelia, the most interesting thing I learned was about the bulk and the fifth dimension. If you want to understand what they are, you should probably read the book, because I can't explain it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is cool. I have not watched Interstellar yet. Do you think if I want to read The Science of Interstellar i should watch the movie first?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely want to watch the movie first.

    ReplyDelete

This is my blog. I hope you like it.