Monday, March 2, 2015

Snorkeling March 3


Snorkeling

I put the mouth piece into my mouth, put the mask over my eyes, and then jump off of the dinghy into the warm Hawaiian water. I wait to put my eyes into the water. It can't be that great, I think to my self, because we were about eight feet above the coral, and visibility isn't all that good. I put my head into the water, and can immediately see hundreds of fish, and extremely colorful and vibrant coral. The equipment works perfectly, and I don't even have to blow the water out of my snorkel if it is submerged. I dive down until I am right above the coral, and see an eel poking it's head out from underneath a rock. I come back up to the surface to breathe, and then go back under to swim right through a school of fish. The fish come right up to me, not afraid at all. I find a parrot fish chewing at a piece of coral, and then another eel, this one spotted. Right after I find a school of needle nosed fish, we are called back to the boat and then head to the next site.
photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/23471940@N02/6033153389">DSC07285</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/">(license)</a>

12 comments:

  1. I have done snorkeling before. but I prefer to SCUBA dive. I have also ran into an eel. they are pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not certified, but I want a certification

      Delete
  2. Sounds really fun! I have done snorkeling before but at a weird amusement park. Nice SOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really fun! I have done snorkeling before but at a weird amusement park. Nice SOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds incredible! I have snorkeled before but I didn't see nearly as many fish.
    Great slice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats so col that you got to see all of those fish! I like your description of the coral

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good writing! This sounds just like it would in Kuala Lumpur! I enjoyed how you were very descriptive and creative with your word choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your writing! For example when you wrote about the different fishes that you saw while snorkelling. Also when you were describing the moments while you were snorkelling.
    I also agree to what Anna and Caitlin said.

    ReplyDelete

This is my blog. I hope you like it.